Brinjal Bhajji is a light, crunchy mouth-watering snack that can be served as starter or as an evening snack.
Brinjal(less seeds variety) - 2 or 3, medium or big in size
Besan- 1 cup
Rice flour – 1\4 cup
Salt to taste
Red Chilly Powder – 1\2 tsp (or as per taste)
Pepper Powder – 1 or 2 pinches
Jeera – 1\4 tsp, coarsely powdered
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Oil for frying
1. Wash and slice brinjals into thin circles. Immerse them in water to avoid any decolouring of brinjals until we use.
2. Sieve besan and remove the lumps if any. Mix besan, rice flour, red chilly powder, salt, pepper powder, jeera powder and cooking soda in a bowl.
3. Heat oil for deep frying. Strain the brinjal slices and keep it ready.
4. When the oil is hot, take a tablespoon of hot oil and pour it over the besan mixture. Mix it well using water and make a fine paste of dosa batter consistency.
5. Keep the flame in medium-hot mode. Dip the brinjal slices into the batter and deep fry till golden in colour.
6. Drain in kitchen tissue to remove excess oil and serve hot with any chutney or sauce.